Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I Love Lucy!



Meet my beautiful granddaughter, Lucy! It is her first Christmas coming up and I am carrying on a tradition started 14 years ago by my sister, Pat, when she became a grandmother for the first time and then repeated 7 years ago when my sister, Margaret, became a first-time grandmother.

The tradition couples the anticipation of Christmas with the love of reading. I am working on my 25 Christmas story books for Lucy and have 14 finished. On the first day in December, Lucy will have 25 story books in her own little book chest. The plan is for the child to open the chest, select a book to be read to her and with that have a fun way to count down the days until Christmas.

The pockets of fabric make the book a surprise although some of the pockets give the clue. I look forward to sharing pictures with you as I work on finishing the project. My countdown begins with the 11 remainging book pockets and the chest.

Piece be with you!

1 comment: