Saturday, October 24, 2009

Planning stage ...


With approximately 8 months until the 2010 quilt show, my planning time is getting shorter by the day. This year's theme is intriguing. "Spoken without a word - the message within the quilt." So many possibilities that would express the poignancy of the theme. I have always believed that a picture is worth a thousand words and quilts can be that -- a snapshot of the artist's thoughts. Every quilt I have ever made starts from a emotion. The emotion dictates the direction I go with the color and pattern. Throughout this past year, through the offering of classes from the Omaha Quilt Guild, I have learned techniques that enhance the options I have in mind for my quilt entry.


My planning board right now is a hodge podge of jumbled thoughts and ideas waiting for that one burst of insight- that unspoken message - that will tell me what my quilt for 2010 wants to say. Right now the message is garbled. Keep checking back to see if I had to get a translator on board or if by sitting quietly studying the board my heart allows my ears to hear the unspoken word.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see what you'll decide on. Your quilts are always very well thought out. :) Love you..

    ReplyDelete