Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday's are for planning ...

On Friday mornings I like to think about how many of my projects are going to see some work done on them over the weekend. I have recently noticed my projects list getting longer and the progress of completing getting slower. It must be the season as I seem to be gathering fabric and thread and storing away for the long winter months.



My sewing area is in dire need of a clean up and put away session. Getting ready for the annual Elgin Craft Fair (always held the first Saturday in October) in Elgin, Nebraska has everything in disarray. It was a very successful craft fair. I made fabric baskets from the Its a Wrap book as demonstrated by June Vogltance (Vogies in Dodge). I love the technique and find the process to be very rewarding. It was hard to see my baskets leave the booth. :0) Mark you calendar for October 2, 2010 and google your trip to Elgin, Nebraska. You will enjoy the trip!



If you are planning a road trip to Kansas City soon, add Prairie Points Quilt Shop to your itinerary and you wont' be disappointed. Linda Potter was the Omaha Quilt Guilds guest speaker this month. Her technique for handquilting was so interesting I wanted the book and had to show my sister, Margaret, what was going to revolutionize my handquilting. Google Prairie Points and Linda Potter. You won't be disappointed! Prairie Point Quilt Shop is located at 7341 Quivira Road in Shawnee, Kansas.

Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment