Saturday, September 18, 2010

Waste not - want not ...

What is it about a box of fabric swatches that makes you think 'ooohhhh, I can make something with that!' I had just such a brain cramp at an auction last summer. I bid on a small tote filled with 1 1/2" swatches of a polyblend. When I was repackaging them for storage (yes, it was a short-lived enthusiasm), I noticed no two swatches were alike. The box was closed and the intention to make something with them was abandoned.

Flash forward to a year later and I am needing a break from designing for the craft fair... the swatches were there and the need for something mindless was great.

First, trimming off the pinked edges. (sorry vaccum-that was a nice mess of fuzzy stuff on the carpet).

Then squaring each swatch to a 1 1/2" square took some time.

Yes, the finished square is the postage stamp size of 1".

Stay tuned for the next post on this project. It will be a delayed gratification because I can only do 32 squares at a time before I start to doubt my sanity.






No comments:

Post a Comment